Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Pirate versus Batman, Public Enemies




Thursday became Friday, this Holiday weekend, so we went to the movies. "Public Enemies" was the flick. Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean) plays John Dillinger and Christian Bale (Batman) plays FBI's Melvin Purvis. It is a well made movie and very realistic. The special effects while there do not get in the way. Every thing looks like the 1930's. I thought the movie had a Godfather feel though not quite the Godfather quality. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie. In his younger days I could have seen Paul Newman play Dillinger.




There is some guns, some profanity (not as much by current standards) and a good look at life in the 30's. One thing that remains consistent in every movie or book that I have read or seen, J. Edgar Hoover was a jerk.
I give it *** stars.




2009 Movie # 43

No comments: