Friday, July 31, 2009

Dude looks like a Lady!



Last night we went to the ZZ Top/Aerosmith concert. I am a much bigger ZZ fan. We saw them 5 years ago at the Cotton Bowl with Eric Clapton, but i have been a fan from the time they started in 69. 40 years has taken a toll, but you can't tell by looking. Their beards and hat reminds me of George Clooney in "O Brother Where Art Thou". As a matter of fact I couldn't prove they were their. The music sounded the same but the thing that made them cool: The twirling fuzzy guitars and their dancing and showman ship while they play, were not present. I mean they are still cool, but in the background, they were showing their music videos doing the things that I wanted to see.

The sound for ZZ was bad. You could not understand any lyrics. I decided that it was because they were the opening act. The sound must be set for Steven Tyler.

Aerosmith took the stage and the sound was just as bad. The audience did not seem to care though, we and a few other couples were outnumbered about 13,000 to 10 by the beer drinkers.
Mind you the crowd was not rowdy, just constantly needing a bathroom! It was also the first time in several years that the smell of "pot" was in the air.

The light show that they do would probably send people with Migraines to the door.

All in all it was a good night for me but not great. I am more a Bob Seger, Eagles, Eric Clapton, rocker. Arena Rock never really grabbed me.

But "The Dude does look like a Lady!" The photo is how he was dressed last night.

No comments: