Saturday, July 11, 2009

I live for moments like this!

Carol and I had a trip to Tulsa to get the Grandsons on our agenda.  They are spending the night with us.  We decided to travel through Haskell and see my Mother on the way.  Just before we left, I called her and asked if their was anything that we could bring her when we came.  She jokingly said:  "You can stop at Tumble Inn and buy me a dryer!" (Her's gave up about two weeks ago and attempts to repair it was for nought.  She probably only got 30 years out of that one.)

So we get to her house and I hand her a piece of paper.  She asks, "What's this?"  

 "It's a receipt for a dryer.  Tumble Inn is delivering it next week!"  I smiled.

These are rare opportunities, and they are worth taking.  Sure she complained and said she was kidding and she could buy her own and she was going to call and cancel, but in the end,  IT WAS  SUPER COOL!   At 88 she doesn't have that many  Mother's Days left.   Seize the Day!

No comments: