Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ice Age 3, 3-D, Theory of Threes


Well, the Holiday is over, and not just for this weekend.  We went to see "Ice Age 3" as an alternative to "all Michael TV".  The good thing is the 3-D.  The story has run out of steam.  What once was a story that adults and even children could enjoy, has become a story only children can enjoy.  Even the squirrel-like character is getting dull.   

This goes along with my theory of 3's for comic book and cartoon characters.  The First is inventive and original.  The second takes the story deeper.  The third is more of the same.
I feel this way about Spiderman, Hulk, and Ice Age.  Of course their are exceptions. They reinvented Batman.  (I interrupt this blog with this news flash:  MJ is still dead!")

I had mowed the yard today and in this movie I actually "nodded off".  If you like the other Ice Age movies, you will probably want to see this any who.  Just not my thing.

I give it **stars.

2009 movie #43.

No comments: