Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Man

Most three year old boys would want to swim in the pool when they get to Grandma's house. Or, they may want ice cream or to play games.  The little guy in this photo, Addison, talked ALL the way from Tulsa about "Mowing the yard and using the Blower to clean the driveway."  It is 103 outside I thought.  Maybe I could go over other possibilities! Nope, did not work!  So we mowed the yard  and he watched every blade!  I have a John Deere tractor with a double bagger so there is no chance for lawn mower mishaps.  He set on my knee the whole time and was as intense as me at a NASCAR race.  His only complaint:  "Papa, Your leg is wet!"

I don't think he sweated either!  When I got the leaf blower out, He followed me with his Toy one. (He brings a toy blwoer and weed eater when he visits!)  He pointed out a few things I missed but all in all, I passed.

He also works side by side with Carol when she plants flowers or waters.  It is his thing.

I wonder though where this came from.  His Dad never liked any yard work.  When we lived in Bixby, I paid him $20 to mow the yard.  A little later I found out he was paying his friend $10 to mow most of it! (Why he's in sales!)

I don't know how Addison will focus in later years, but the kid thinks work is play. he is not afraid to get his hands dirty and he is pushing me now.

FYI:  The shirt he is wearing in the picture is a "BOB the Builder" that says:  YES WE CAN!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Growing up we had to divide the yard into four sections and mow it. We did not get paid for it. It was just part of our summers. However I do enjoy mowing the yard. Just can't do it this summer. Also Nate doesn't like the way I mow(I go in a square instead of back and forth like he does). I figure as long as it gets done that is all that matters.