Friday, July 10, 2009

Those Summer Movies about Graduation



The classic movie of this type is "American Graffiti".  "I Love You Beth Cooper" has the same setting, but it is about the nerd Valedictorian who in his speech shouts out, "I love you Beth Cooper.  She, of course, is the Head Cheerleader who has never spoken to him in four years of school.  It sounds like standard summer movie stuff and while that may be true, there is real humor and they have added a certain amount of depth to the right characters.  The night is a little like Ferris Beueller.  You know these people. you went to school with them.  It is PG13 (fully) meaning the F word is used the allowable once and almost nudity!

I enjoyed it and it reminded me of my summers in Haskell as a teen.  There are things in the movie that are very familiar.

I give it ***stars.

No comments: