Friday, June 19, 2009

Year One - 40 minutes later


Okay, I admit saying to Carol: "There's two new movies out today the Proposal and Year One.  we will probably see both of them so lets see a mindless one first!"  We went to see, "Year One".  The trailer was amusing but we had seen it so often in the last six months that I hoped there was much more.  After all it is directed by Harold Ramis (one of the original stars of "Animal House") and he directed "Groundhog Day" and  "Caddyshack"!  After all it stars Michael Cera who I loved in "Juno" and then there is Jack Black who I may say on reflection is funnier in Poster form, but I'm, getting ahead of my self.

I think that had I saw this when I was 13 (year two) I would have thought it crazy fun because there are fart jokes, naughty talk, and suggestive things.  It has every thing that an ignorant 13 year old needs.  No help now though!

We went to the 5:05 movie in Tulsa.  We got there late and got to our seats about 5:25 and still had a couple of previews to watch before the feature,  The Movie started about 5:30 pm and we made it until almost 6:00 pm! (I never leave until the popcorn is gone!

The borrow a line from the guy that played Cain (of Cain & Abel fame):  This movie "Suckles!"

It is not worry of further talk.  If you see it and like it, don't tell me!  I want to think highly of you!  If you rent it, don't tell me.   If you think, it's just a movie, what's the harm.  Yeah, and I get get root canals for fun!  It is NOT time well wasted.

Rating from one to five stars, I give it NOTHING.

The trailer was amusing though, which bothers me because the preview of "The Proposal" seems funny too.

2009 movie #39 (I'm using the term movie very loosely)

No comments: