Monday, June 22, 2009

OPH


I think I am at the age where OPH has kicked in.  OPH is Old People Hormone.  I first witnessing it  as a kid when my grandmother and later my mother used to say what was on their mind out in public with me very embarrassed!  You probably been there.  When I sacked groceries as a teenager, I waited on many an "old person".  They would speak their minds at very inappropriate times and I would just cringe.  They would accuse me of putting their bread in the bottom of the sack and placing cans on top.  They would claim all kinds of things.  I would think, "They're old.  I won't be like that."

The main symptom of the hormone is the feeling that "What have I got to loose?" and  "I've earned the right to speak my mind!"

I am concerned that all this is making sense to me lately and am looking for an antidote.  Yeah, it would be easier to just shut up, but what's the fun in that?

This hormone mainly shows up in people over 60, but it does happen with young people as well. (I thinking my daughter,Lindsey!)  I can say that because her computer is broke and she can't read this!  She has spoken her mind since, well, age 2!

So you may need to help me.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OPH usually cracks me up when the afflicted person is over 75, so thanks for the warning. Otherwise I just might think you were having a bad day! As long as you edit yourself around the seriously ill or pregnant women, so be it. The latter suffers from her own form of blurting hormone, and just may give you a run for your money!

Dana