Saturday, June 27, 2009

Transformers, Revenge of the Special Effects Guys




Yes,  we finally made it to see  "Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen".  It is the "Empire Strikes Back" of  the franchise.   I understand that the second can't as original as the first, so they gave us almost 3 hours of robot aliens rolling around in the sand and casually killing thousands of people  in the process.  I am not saying I didn't like it, but I wished that they would have told the special effects nerds to cool it after two hours.  The writers tried to repeat the humor of the first, but did not succeed.  As the poster shown here says, "More Megan Fox".   She also provides relief  from the carnage, and somewhat successfully.  That was another bit of special effects just keeping her clothes, make-up and hair perfectly in place while the world is blowing to bits around her.

If you liked the first one, you probably have to see this one.  Everyone else is.  I mean everyone else!  There are lines at the box office; lines at the ticket taker; lines at concessions, etc.

The real star of the movie is the Camaro (Bumble Bee) and it was joined occasionally joined by a crazy Corvette  Concept car.  Remember the Camaro was just a concept in the first one.

I give it **1/2 stars.  The first one I wanted to see again.  This one:  Not so much.

2009 Movie #41

No comments: