Saturday, June 27, 2009

OPH: On Further Reflection

On Monday I posted some drivel about Old People's Hormone and that I am afraid I may be getting it.  Well, yesterday we took my 88 year old Mother to Fort Worth for a 24 hour trip.  After about 36 hours with her, I will say I have a long, long, long way to go.  I don't think I can catch her.  After all her stories, I am still not there.  At breakfast this morning she dropped her shied a moment.  We were eating breakfast at one of my favorite breakfast places, "The Lonesome Spur" in Justin, Texas. (Yes, that Justin!)  She leaned over and said sort of under her breath, "Do you ever send food back when you eat out?"  I told her that It doesn't happen very much, but I had.  She said,  "I heard on TV that if you do, they'll get you.  They will do things to your food."  I said, "Not good restaurants. They just want to please."   "You can't trust them" she replied.

No comments: