Saturday, June 13, 2009

Movies: The 500 mile rule


We have been in hordes of people the past two days at the music festival and decided that Saturday was a good time to chill (although we have another concert tonight).  So - It was movie time.   There is an intriguing movie out that I as a "Movie Buff" NEEDED to see.  Knowing quite a lot about this film, I could not see it in my town or even in Tulsa.  I mean what if someone saw me walking out of it and got the wrong impression?  They might think that I LIKE this kind of thing! They would not know that I viewed it as a PUBLIC service!  They might even think that I agreed with the POSITIONS taken by the director or something!  So given the 500 mile rule was in play, I went to see "The Hangover".    As a serious reviewer, I would say that Las Vegas was accurately portrayed  and that the actors through EVERYTHING into their roles.  The plot of course was totally possible:  Four guys go to Vegas for a bachelor getaway and wake up the next morning with one of them missing, a baby, a live chicken, a trashed suite, and Mike Tyson's tiger in their bathroom!  

Just between us, it was one of the funniest movies that have have seen since Tropic Thunder (which I never admitted seeing)  The guys in this are crazy.  No I can't recommend it!  I don't want the blame for lowering your morals.  The Movie is an R for much profanity (although realistic).  The trailer at the end though is NC17 for outrageous!   Again, If you talk to me in public about movies:  I did not see "The Hangover" (in Oklahoma!)

I give it ***1/2 stars.  

2009 movie # 36 (maybe, maybe not)


PS:  Bought a John Wayne T-shirt today with the John Wayne quote: "If you don't respect your elders then I'll just have to teach you to respect your betters."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you didn't see this movie. I haven't been wanting to see it either, and you confirmed everything I've heard. I can't wait to not see it! :)

Dana

H. Shae said...

Dana, I concur! Let's not see it together. And also, Tropic Thunder. HILARIOUS. Or so I heard...