Monday, December 22, 2008

Well Traveled Roads

Most of the times that I have cried at Christmas, I mean overcome with raw emotions, had to do with putting together toys for Lindsey and Nate. I can remember the last bike that I bought for Lindsey like it was yesterday. To finish it correctly I would have finished yesterday! As it ended, I gave up a 4:00 am on Christmas Morning, knowing that she would have a bike with hand brakes that looked right but would not work. (I got professional help later.)

I was so happy when they graduated to "no assembly required".

When Nate started having little boys, I smiled at myself. PAY-BACK TIME.

Guess what I just finished doing? Besides eating my words!

Yes, Once again I became an elf. I just finished this marvel of modern toys. I must say directions and parts are so-o-o-o-o much improved since the good old days!



I liked every minute and didn't cry once.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to see Addison's face.

If it makes you feel any better, Nate got the joy of wrapping presents this year.

Vote Smith-Soap June 25 said...

Does Santa Claus know you are doing this?