Wednesday, December 31, 2008

By the Numbers

74 That's the number of movies I saw in theaters this year after tonight. We saved "Benjamin Button" for the Eve.

77 That's the number of movies that I saw last year. (We substituted more concerts)

95 That was our peak year. That won't ever happen again.

45 That's about how many good movies we saw this year.

45 That's about how many good movies we saw the year that we went to 95.

USA Today had a list of the 100 top grossing movies of the year in the paper yesterday. Of the 100, I had seen 50. Of the top 50, I had seen 31. Of the list of 50 that I had seen I counted 27 keepers.

But its my job to go.

There are several very good movies out in the Big Cities that we won't see until January including Frost-Nixon.

As for my ten favorites for 2008, I will wait until after tonight to do it!

No comments: