Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Guilt


Growing up I think my dad owned about four extension cords. He had a shop out back where as a second job, he made camper shells for pickups, had a saw sharpening business, and worked on the family cars. He used these cords constantly, year round. When one got cut, he repaired it. When the plug went bad he bought another plug end and spliced it in.


I just finished putting up our outside lights. So you can imagine how it affects me when I use about 10 extension cords (25' to 50') just to put up lights. These are packed with the lights because they are green or white. When I finish, I walk in the garage and see another five 25' cords that I use the rest of the time. You can imagine my thoughts. My dad would think that this is crazy and I have a tinge of guilt.


I can count my blessings by the number of extension cords I possess.


No comments: