Monday, December 29, 2008

Old Yeller 2




The first movie that I ever went to see without my parents was "Old Yeller". I was about 9 or 10. My Mother made my oldest brother, Bob, take me to the Ritz Theater in Muskogee to see the Disney movie about a yellow Lab. It followed the dog from a pup until its "death"! I was in shambles. I was not expecting that! I later realized that Disney does that to all the kids. They always kill off the star (from Bambi's Mother all the way to the Lion King). Give the kids someone to love and then kill them off. That's life kids!

Today we went to see Old Yeller 2 better known as "Marley and Me". It is another yellow Lab that is purchased as a pup and we watch it grow. Don't get me wrong it is an enjoyable movie and well made. The movie in my opinion is much better than the Book. I didn't finish the book because it was just my life with one of my dogs except slower. The Movie has a better pace and Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston are good. It IS true to the book (a true story) and a must see for dog owners.

I won't say how this movie ends except to say Disney would be proud.

***stars

No comments: