Monday, December 1, 2008

How OU fans are created

Yesterday, my Grandson , Avery wanted to play "college football" in the backyard. As we were donning our coats, he said, "I will be OU and you will be OSU like last night." I said, " Good because I would want to be OSU." Avery said, "I knew that." Then he went over the rules. Since it was his ball, he got to have the ball whenever he wanted and that whoever had the ball got to score. The game started with each taking turns and getting 7 points for each touchdown. He went first and when the score got to 21-14 his favor, he decided that only he should get the ball from then on. I asked him how would we determine a winner and he smiled and said, "When I get to 100!" Final score 105 to 14.

He is already schooled in Sooner game theory.

Later, he went with me to my office and told me that he wanted to be an architect and work with me when he grew up.

It's a great plan, but I didn't have the heart to tell him that I could offer him a sweet deal someday (unless he was a Sooner!)

No comments: