Monday, December 15, 2008

Blogging

Well, I've been blogging now for a few months. I didn't know anything about blogging other than the few I had read. I certainly did not fancy myself as having anything important to share. This is not the Mike Report. I have always liked writing ever since the days when I had to write "Themes" in Mrs. Sim's English class in Haskell. In 1993-94 I wrote a column in the weekly hometown paper, "The Haskell News". The column was "Haskell Stories" a collection of short remembrances from my years growing up around town. I have even written 1-1/2 novels that you will never read. I find writing therapeutic and have a need to for such an outlet. I have in the past taught a class a church as a way of getting a handle on my thoughts, but that is about to play out.

I never really thought thru the audience side of this part rant, part diary, part opinion thing I do. Naturally, everyone who blogs has a need to share.


And I guess I would like for you to agree with me most the time, but I don't expect it. If I did I would have named this Blog: "Heavily Travelled Roads". I was even told this weekend that my rant about the election e-mail upset some of my friends at church! Ouch! I upset people for being offended. I apologize. I am not trying to cause collateral damage. I am sharing my thoughts and sorting through things. It is how I did my class at church. I don't attempt to teach people anything, but I have always believed in challenging thought. Life is not in "arriving". It is in the search.

Sounds like I should keep many of my concerns to myself. As Zig Ziglar once said, "Don't tell others your problems. 80% don't care and the other 20% are glad your having problems."



I'll try to be better, but can't promise. I am not only on a "less traveled road", I haven't learned yet how to use my GPS!











1 comment:

H. Shae said...

You keep saying exactly what you feel. It's okay for you to be offended by offensive emails. I find it offensive that others find it offensive that you got offended. Ouch. My head hurts!