Friday, October 9, 2009

Other Weird Worlds



Carol is out of town visiting her brother in Iowa so I am having "alone time". Actually nothing has changed in my routine except I limit myself to movies that she would not care for. So today I went to see "Zombieland". Talk about a perfect Woody Harrellson movie! The cast of four: Woody, Abigail Breslin, Emma Stone and Jesse Eisenberg (The nerd in every teen movie) are a unlikely group.

The story is about the United States after the Zombies take over. Few regular people are left and they are all being hunted. By the way: THIS IS A COMEDY! As a matter of fact, it is crazy funny if you survive the first few minutes while story is being set up. There is much zombie gore, but in a funny way. Note to self: Finish the Milk Duds before the blood starts. By the middle of the movie it is a story of four people going from Austin to L. A. taking out zombies and looking for Hostess Twinkies. I will tell you just one thing not mentioned in previews: Bill Murray has a great cameo!

It is R for language and zombie gore. It is not for everyone! I GO SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

I give it *** stars 2009 movie #68

No comments: