Thursday, October 15, 2009

Award Winning, I like that statement!
















I don't often brag (except about the grandsons), but I have something to be very proud of in our architectural firm. Last week Spaces, Design & Architecture won its first American Institute of Architects design award. It was a 2009 Citation Award by the Eastern Oklahoma Chapter of the AIA for the firm's work in the Renovation of Muskogee High School. The award felt good on several levels. One, it was the only Public School project recognized. Two, we were up against much larger Tulsa area firms. And most important it showed that our peers see the design ability of the very special people that work at SDA. Though our firm is in its 17th year, we have not always had the quality of talent present now. Don't get me wrong we have always had talented people. Just not this consistently GOOD! Yes, I'm bragging, but I'm not taking any credit other than my good sense to get them on board and turn them loose.










The Muskogee High School had not been changed since it was built in 1969, other than many coats of green, white and gray paint. As you can see, the spaces were changed a bit!










In my business, I have two jobs: Keep the clients happy and keep the SDA team happy. Right now I love my job.

1 comment:

Kevin Stewart said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award. I have seen the work first hand and I am very grateful that Muskogee High School is something that the city, the parents and the students can be very proud of. By the way, I stayed on your site a little longer than normal because I enjoyed the music :-). Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.