Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fantasy Worlds

The movie that I just described in my post below was a fantasy. I would like to think that we do not live in such a world, but after the speech I heard last week, I'm not too sure. I went to the mayor's State of the City speech in our fair city. That alone seems like make believe since the mayor of our town of 40,000 is 20 years old! He shocked me all over again when he reminded me that two years ago he was still in high school!

In his speech he reminded us of all the cities accomplishments in the past year by zooming through a power point that covered many areas. The problem for me was that he spoke of two projects that I was involved with and was totally wrong about both. I wondered how many of the other things were true?

After he finished the review, he talked of his goals for the coming year and highlighted his Number One Goal. He talked about the program that Tulsa County developed that allows all high school grads to attend Tulsa Community College for free if they keep their grades up. He thought it was cool and stated that it was his goal to do the same in Muskogee allowing students to attend Connors College free as well. Then He said: He just needed to figure out where to get the money? He went on to say, "If anyone has any ideas, how to do this, he would like to talk to them!" (The weird thing is: He is a Republican?)

Fantasy is alive.

I left thinking of my idea: We can stamp out poverty by giving everyone a million dollars! If anyone has a good idea on how to get the money let me know.

No comments: