Saturday, October 10, 2009

Is somebody trying to tell me something?


Today was my third day to fend for myself. I watched football most of the day after getting a new pool cover pump. (The water on the pool cover was over 2 feet deep!) So I went to the movies and watched "Pandorum" the new Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster space movie. NOTE: If you like "Aliens" you will like this. As with that classic movie, it takes place on a space craft in deep space. Only this time it is a large ship carrying the last humans to a far off planet that is just like earth. Seems the Earth got used up! Any who it is year 2700+ and this ship has about 16,000 people aboard. Since they have a long way to go, everyone who isn't needed to run the ship are in hyper-sleep. As crews come on duty they are released from sleep. As the movie begins our heroes, crew #5 awake to find that people are slowly being eaten by some strange things running through the ship! And like "Aliens"most of the movie takes place in dark passages.

As I stated previously, I have only been watching movies that Carol and I would not have seen, if she were home. So for the second time in as many days I have watched, for my enjoyment the last humans on Earth being devoured like sushi! This time I forgot the Milk Duds.

It seems that the favorite theme for action movies, dramas, or comedies this year are Zombies, Vampires, and Aliens wanting to do us in. The movie coming called "2010" pretty much ends it all. The drama, "The Road" is another. And lest we forget, the animated movie, "9" covers the same ground. I know everybody is depressed by the economy but Crap, where are the fun movies! You know like "There Will Be Blood!"

I give this one about **1/2 stars. 2009 movie #69

No comments: