Monday, October 19, 2009

Alternate Universes with U2





























This is the comment on my facebook post of a concrete photo last night by our son-in-law, Jeremy: "I must be living in an alternate universe. I'm just sitting around at the casa and my mother-in-law is at a freaking U2 concert...What?"

Yes friends, we WERE among the older people present but we were consumed by U2. If you ever think, "What's the big deal about an Irish rock band?" See them live and all will be answered. We go to a lot of concerts and I haven't witnessed anything better than this. From the Stage/Space Craft to the sound and lights, we almost needed seat belts for this one.

The fact that the #1 rock/hip hop group in the U.S. was the opening act speaks a lot. Then during the show to have Bishop Desmond TuTu to (by video) introduce a song makes one take notice. Alternately I felt like I was at a Rock concert, Church, or a Peace Rally and it all felt good.

The stage speaks to the architect side of me and the shear size of the production. They had almost 20 semis to haul it. It was easily the best use of OU's stadium this year!

I could go on and on but hey it was about the music! "Get on your boots!"

1 comment:

Holly said...

How much fun was that show? Thanks for taking us along for the ride. We had a great time!