Sunday, August 23, 2009

That was the week that was!

I have just finished one of the most emotional weeks of my life.

Sunday: Our third grandson was born. Asher made us wait most of the day,but it was worth the weight. He looked just like me with not much hair and wrinkles.
Sunday Night: We found out that Asher went to intensive care over breathing problems,etc.
Monday: My heart was not in it, but I had to make an important presentation at the State Capitol as part of the push to build a permanent home for the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame (something I have been dreaming about for 15 years!)
Monday Night: Back to the hospital. I am not good at watching a baby with tubes, needles and all. My stomach churned even more.
Tuesday: Day of client meetings and travel. Not time well spent by myself. It was amazing the things my mind could conger up about the future. I was getting low about every facet of my life!
Wednesday: Started just like Tuesday, but mid-morning I turned everything over to the LORD and the day became a lot better. Asher was improving as well but still in ICU.
Thursday: More encouraging news about Asher, work and everything. Went to the Hospital and returned home with Addison for the night! Yea!
Friday: Back to Tulsa, Asher improving, and we traded Addison for Avery for the night. Yea!
Saturday: Our daughter, Lindsey and hubby, Jeremy arrive from south of the Red River and formally announce to the world that we will be having another grandchild next March. Super Cool!
Sunday: Asher got to go home!

I started last week as low as I have been in many years. I ended the week on a mountain top. The only difference was remembering to be led by God instead of carrying a load too big for me!

The coming week will be as large: Our son, Nate, comes to work at SDA (a dream come true), Asher is taking his place in the family, Lindsey and Jeremy are starting a great journey, and our company has the opportunity to gain some good projects as we make presentations in OKC at the State School Board Association meetings (where I am giving a Talk!).

I just need to remember to stay out of God's way!

No comments: