Monday, August 31, 2009

Taking Stock of Woodstock



I was in college in 1969 when Woodstock happened. The "three" networks showed clips on the news and everyone talked about it, but the whole world was shocked that something like that could happen without much advance advertisement around the nation. The Hippie movement was underway in a big way, but in Oklahoma and at Oklahoma State, we just had to put up with the "posers". I can tell you that I don't miss the bell-bottoms, head bands and mini-skirts, etc. (check that, actually the mini skirts were fairly cool at the time!). Yes, I had bell bottoms and denim shirts and Carol had mini-skirts! Speaking of posers!

We went to see "Taking Woodstock" the true story at the movies. It was like a flashback (and I didn't do drugs!). The movie is fun especially for boomers. And it is very accurate. There is no nudity, but there are plenty of naked people in this movie. The story is really amazing, but oddly it is not about the concert! It is about how it happened.

The photo of the couple wrapped in the blanket was the cover of the Woodstock album in my possession.

I give it ***stars.

2009 movie #57

No comments: