Tuesday, August 11, 2009

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (toys and action figures)



Tonight, we decided to go to the movies and we watched every action movie in the last 20 years.
Boy it was long! I will say this movie is enjoyable under the following circumstances: 1. Think the Batman TV show. 2. Have the thought processes of Sean Hannity. 3. Keep saying its only a movie! With those ideas in mind I enjoyed all of these Movies tonight. "G.I. Joe" is part Star Wars, Ironman, every Ninja Movie, Batman, James Bond, Terminator, X men, etc. etc. etc.

The plot is a new one. An evil group (Cobras) builds a 100 zillion dollar lair under the North Pole without anyone noticing. Then the "Joes", who also have a secret base under the Sahara Desert, that no one knows about is called into action. The Cobras take out a World Landmark, the Eiffel Tower in Paris while killing thousands. The camera zooms in on the White House where the aide says to the President (not Obama) is saying, "The French are very unhappy, sir!"

The Joes swing into action with every possible action figure, I mean soldier, that they can think of. Killings, fires under water, explosions, and a last minute escape from the under sea bad guy place just before it explodes.

The bad guys get caught but are in a prison that I bet they escape from by next year. The President of the USA has also been replaced by a bad Guy (No wait that was Fox News!)

Well sorry if I gave away something, but I left out about 20 more movies that were also going on. Imagine the toys that they will make!

I give it **stars for comedy! Actually they even had a token black comedian for that purpose!

2009 Movie #52 (or 102 depending on how you look at it)

No comments: