Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Less Time Traveled Roads



I am dealing with time travel in my life. I am reading the "Outlander" series of novels by Diana Gabaldo. I am reading the second book at present. The book deals with a woman who was a Field Nurse during WWII who time travels back to the 1700s and meets her husband's ancestors in Scotland. I have read about her in 1945, 1735, and 1967 so far. The books are so completely compelling that they are similar to Harry Potter. There are 7 of these books and there were 7 HP books!

Tonight we went to see "Time Traveler's Wife". It is also a very compelling story and very well crafted. It is also very sad. It does deal with knowing when you will die and other not fun things.
I liked it but it was spooky. In this story the time traveler does not travel with clothes! Bummer!

I give it **1/2 stars

2009 movie #55

Incidentally I time travel all the time. As I have stated before: My dad was 30 years older than me. I am 30 years older than my son, Nate. Nate is 30 years older than his son, Addison. When I look at Nate, I see what my dad was dealing with when he was my age!, etc. It is also spooky sometime. Example: Nate started work with our firm on Monday. 30 years ago, I was just starting a firm that was in its first year and I also had a 6 year old child starting first grade.


No comments: