Thursday, August 13, 2009

Carrie Nation


As some of my fellow campers know, I have been involved in the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame for a while. The year Carrie Underwood went on American Idol, her last civilian show was as a member of Northeastern State University's "Downtown Country" at the Roxy Theater in Muskogee for the Hall of Fame. She was so, so far ahead of everyone else that you could see stardom right then! After the show I found out that she was not only going on Idol, but she had already made it to Hollywood! (This was four months before the show aired). I took my Roxy tickets to her and had her to autograph them. I'm so wise!

Well the rest, they say, is History! About 3 years ago the Hall made her a "Rising Star". September 17 we will induct her into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.

Some say, "Hey she's too young! She hasn't paid her dues! Blah, Blah, Blah. On one level I understand such thoughts. But I ask, "How much higher can she go? She is on top NOW! She can just continue and set more records, sell more CDs, etc. But she can't go any higher.

This will sell out. If you think you might want to see her in Concert-- Well, here it is. If you snooze you loose!

Later I will blog about the others being inducted, but I can say they will surprise you in a very good way!

Oh, I forgot to say: Those tickets that she autographed. I gave them to someone at the Hall of Fame for the archives. They are GONE! Not wise!

No comments: