Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mike's picks for the Academy Awards




I have waited till I had seen as many of the nominated movies as possible to make my picks. Not that mine mean anything, it is just fun. This is the Movie Super Bowl. So:




Best Actor: I saw them all. Before today I thought Frank Langella was the best for Frost/Nixon. I was glad that Richard Jenkins was nominated for the Visitor.




Should win: Sean Penn (Milk)


My favorite: Sean Penn




Best Actress: I saw all but Melissa Leo (Frozen River?)




Should win: Kate Winslett (The Reader)


My favorite: Kate Winslett




Supporting Actor: I saw all but Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road)




Should win: Heath Ledger (Dark Knight)


My favorite: Robert Downey Jr. (Tropic Thunder) Heath deserved it though. After all the role probably killed him!




Supporting Actress: I saw all of them. Critics are saying that Voila Davis deserves the win. But hey, she was only in the movie for 3 minutes?




Should win: Penelope Cruz (Vicky Christina Barcelona)


My favorite: Taraji Henson (Benjamin Button)




Best Picture and Director: I saw all of them




Should win: Slumdog Millionaire


My favorite: Slumdog with The Reader and Benjamin Button (close seconds)




Animated: Wall-E






No comments: