Monday, February 16, 2009

Bad Days and Mondays







I knew it was going to be a bad day when one of the staff called from the office to ask if this was a holiday, because when they got there the place was locked and no one home. That got better. Then I got to the office and opened my e-mail. Someone in an organization (close to me) sent me a message telling me how they wanted to redesign something that I was working on (for free) and how they needed the changes and the pricing by Friday (for free and without input). At that point I took a breath. Then by e-mail told them that if they were going that far keep going, I was not needed. That got better. Then after lunch I get a call from a construction site, we had made a mistake on the drawings. At that point I retreated to spider solitaire, but somehow that didn't help. I called the owner and explained that we will fix the issue. Then I called my insurance company and told them, "Hey, guess what?" These mistakes happen so rarely that I think the office will all go to lunch and celebrate. Yes, celebrate. If this was a perfect world, I would not be allowed in. Celebrate that if this is a bad day, we really have it good! As I have learned, it is all compared to what. I know bad days. Sometimes my eyes are clouded, but this was not one of those. As I learned heard a preacher say this weekend, "The main thing in life is to make the main thing in life the main thing in life."






1 comment:

H. Shae said...

I'm glad we're going with your design. What a Monday!