Friday, February 6, 2009

He's just not into this movie!


We continued our new Friday ritual and went to a late afternoon movie. Carol had an item to return at a store so I went ahead to the box office to buy the tickets. When I asked for two tickets to "He's Just Not That into you", the kid says, "Aw man is she making you go to that "Chick Flick?" I grinned and said we go to many movies. He says that he couldn't take these chick movies. (He thinks he is a manly man.) Funny thing is he is exactly who needs to see this movie! I have two thoughts about the movie that portrays dating in the new century. 1. There are a lot of strange ideas about relationships out in the big world. 2. I thank God I'm not out there in that scene! Being 60 and settled works fine with me.


Yes, I guess it is a Chick Flick, but it is the week for that. After all I started the week with Celine Dion! But I have to say it is a little strange when guys think that its too much talk, and not enough sex , violence, and car chases. I guess some think that it is romantic to take a date to slasher movies, and sex comedy (Seth Rogen) gross outs.


Any who. For adults, the movie portrays several different stories and circumstances that are entertaining and have food for thought. (If you want to think!)
**1/2 stars (note: no nudity, no bad sex talk, pg13 profanity)

No comments: