Monday, November 30, 2009

The Whole Bird

Sunday Morning, Rick Warren (Purpose Driven Life) was a guest on "Meet the Press". The moderator kept pushing him to take a strong stand about gays, abortion, politics and other hot buttons. Rick finally said, "People always ask if I am left wing or right wing and I just say that I'm for the whole bird." That was a convicting thought. I sometimes rant about the extreme right, but if I really think about it, I'm also for the whole bird. Obama is President of all of us whether we want to admit it or not. It is easy for me. But if, yikes, Sarah Palin becomes the leader of us all, I would have to still be for the whole bird. We have to support the Republic. Anything less is anarchy. We made it through Carter and Bush 2 so I think the LORD will look out for us now, too.

No comments: