Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mike gets pinned at the Movies


I am slowly going through my check list of movies I needed to see before the Academy Awards. Call it a hobby. Friday was supposed to be one of them but the film messed up. Today we went to see "The Wrestler" and we were out of luck again (The film failed to break!). Mickey Rourke is up for best actor and Marisa Tomei is up for best supporting actress. Had they been nominated for actors with the most "GUTS", actors who apparently have nothing to loose, actors that don't care period! Okay.
Test: Think of the most depressing movie you ever saw. Got it. Well that was a zany comedy! Mickey plays an over-the-hill pro wrestler and Marisa plays an over-the -hill stripper. Actually, they play the same role. Dreary lives, surviving day to day, little hope, cesspool existence. Sorry, I'm giving away the fun part.


Warning: Hard R, Nudity from both and more than you want to see. I'm not talking Kate Winslet kind of nudity (The Reader) either. There is violence and on purpose torture, sickness and much profanity. No Sunday School material here!


Mike's rating: ****stars for guts, *** stars, **stars for acting, *star for the theater. As for enjoyment it is just ahead of the birthing videos, I was forced to see 35 year ago. I walked out on those!

No comments: