Saturday, January 3, 2009

itoys




I am hooked on my iphone. I have already uploaded stuff from i tunes and then someone asked, "What applications have you put on your phone?" I said none and then they mentioned "Urbanspoon" and showed it to me on their phone. I immediately went back to my office and found it and put it on my phone. This application locates restaurants in any city. Then I went crazy:




A Level: I can press a button and turn my phone into a level! (bubble and all) Then I got Ruler where I can use the phone to measure something.


Flixstar & Now Playing: Both locate every movie theater within 40 miles, says whats showing and show times. Another click and you watch the trailer of each movie. Another click and it gives coming attractions, another click and it gives reviews!


Weather Channel: Yes, the Weather Channel, but wait there's more I downloaded Radarscope which shows weather radars in the region.


I got Bejeweled 2 (the only game) so far.




Then I went for Shazam. This is the neatest. When you hear a song played, you hold your phone toward the song and it listens and then shows you the name of the song, the album cover, the performer and then it asks, "Do you want to buy the song from Itunes?" Then I got a similar one called Midomi which will even let you hum or sing a song and it will find it for you!




Then I got Google and Google Earth.




Then I got Lightsaber which, yes, lets you wave your phone and it makes the sound of a Star Wars light saber.




I got isports and Sportstab which lets me get sports scores and highlights of College, Pro, Racing, etc. One of them let me set up the local teams including NSU for scores, etc.




I got Pandora, Internet radio, where you tell it your favorite singer or group or type of music and it sets up a radio station just about them. (i.e. I have Brad Paisley, James Taylor, the Eagles, and Paul Thorn on demand.) But there's more.... I got Iheart (heart symbal)radio. With this I have FM radio stations from across the US (I have classic rock from Dallas (Lone Star 92.5), Country from the Big 98 WSIX in Nashville, 106.7 Lite fm from New York City and Fox Sports Radio, among others.




I got Zip Finder for Zip Codes. See I am serious.




I really got real and added Weight Track and iWatcher to monitor my weight.




I found USA Today which gives all the headlines and very short news about everything in the paper. I got Facebook, but have not set it up.






Of course the phone came with Itunes, Youtube, Stocks, Weather, Calendar set to my Outlook and maps.




But just when I thought I had everything, Someone, who will remain nameless, but sometimes goes by Hshae, showed me another. I can hardly wait for the grandsons to show them ifart!




20 fart sounds on demand!




The cool thing about all of this is that this thing will also make calls. Just like a real phone.