Monday, June 10, 2013

Name Droppers

We had our hometown hero's, "The Swon Brothers", from "the Voice" do a concert in our town last week. From the looks of FACEBOOK every one in town is their best friend except me.  When it was decided to surprise them (Swons) with the Rising Star award by the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, The Exec Committee told us board members not to come since it was only for family and TV.  Then they filled FACEBOOK with so many photos, you would have thought they were a bunch of 6th grade girls.

When we went to see Paul McCartney, a friend said that their tickets were so close that they could touch him.  Only I saw where they actually sat since I was across from them. They were 15 rows back and the rows start about 30 from the stage!  I get it it. It was as close as they had ever been to a Beatle.

We all want to brush up to fame.  We like to tell our friends about their close encounters.  But Facebook is taking us over the line. We are all getting silly.

BTW:  Did I tell you about the time I talked to Darius Rucker in a Men's Store in Vegas? About 15 minutes.  We were buying jackets. The computer was down. I think it was a treat for him. Don't you?
Should have taken photos.  My Bad.

No comments: