Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Car Buying in the Land of Nod, part 2

Two Quick stories

1.  I interviewed for a project recently. In the request for submissions they put a priority on being local, having done Community Centers before, and being involved in the Community.  We were the only firm interviewed that had done Community Centers, our office is four blocks from the site, and I serve the city and community on about 5 local boards and commissions including the Chamber Board.

They hired an Out-of -town firm.  One of the selection committee members was a local car dealer.

2. I ran into that dealer today and told him that I took his advice and bought a car out-of-town! I even told him of my experience with NOD (whose dealership is owned by the same one as the committee member).  We were at a reception that was about to begin.  For some reason he left?

Paybacks are HELL!

No comments: