Sunday, February 26, 2012

Being First

We took the Grandson's bowling the other day. Their ages are 8,5, & 2. After they started, I noticed a "frame" that the bowlers next to us was using. It is an elevated frame where you can place a bowling ball on it and point it down the lane. You simply release the ball and it goes. It is used with small kids that can't hold a ball or with people with disabilities. It is fairly cool. For a while!

When I started helping the two-year old Asher with it, his score soon bypassed the 8 year old Avery, and mostly because I was aiming the frame. When the game ended the oldest was extremely irritated that he had been beaten by the youngest (30 points).

The little guy did not know he won or even cared. I explained to Avery, the oldest, that he should be proud of his score. I also said that he knows that he is better and that I helped little Asher achieve his points. We would not hold it over his head. But still he was not happy.

It made me think of all that I hear in the public arena and sometimes from Christians:

Don't help the less skilled, they would have an unfair advantage that I might not have.

"Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see GOD."

Don't extend unemployment insurance to those out of work! If they want money, get a job! That's what I had to do.

"Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy."

I don't want my tax money to go to people that are different from me.

"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?"


We keep dealing with Kid Stuff.




No comments: