Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friday Night Fix: Mindless Movies



I've had one of those weeks where if I told anyone what was on my mind I would: Loose my job, get kicked out of church and get removed from a board position in a certain organization. Thankfully I kept it in a bottle. Why should I improve those organizations, by leaving!

I went to the movies instead! I have seen most of the good movies, but I needed a special movie. I needed a humorous movie with a crazy plot enjoyable characters and one that is "Mindless".
the definition for "mindless" is "requiring little mental effort". I struck gold.

We went to see "This Means War" with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Chelsea Handler. It is about to CIA spies who are best friends and fall for the same girl. There is know realism to worry about, no intense plot to fret about, and no mix of drama and comedy. It is a fun use of two hour's time. It is not as slick as "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" or even "Knight and Day" but it was fun. Yes, it has guns and car chases but the biggest special effect is the color tinting, this guy, Chris Pine, could not possibly have eyes that blue (and they played it up).

Anywho, I give it **1/2 stars (*** for time spent)

2012 Movie #7

No comments: