Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mike bellies up to the Genius Bar


My iPod Classic erased itself last week. So I followed the rules and went to the Apple site and found the section on such devices for troubleshooting. I reset the unit. Fired it up and tried to sync it to my iTunes. Nothing. I tried several times, but iTunes did not even recognize that my Pod existed. Instead the iPod was showing up on the screen as a computer device and immediately downloaded all my photos onto the Pod.

After 3 days I gave in and made an appointment at the Apple Store. I waited about 30 minutes for my appointment and then took my turn at the "Genius Bar". Like a Doctor, he listened attentively to my problem and then had me start my Mac and start the Sync process. Nothing. So he gets on line and goes to the same site that I had been using for three days. He tries the same thing I did several times (like I did). He says, "I don't know what it is. It is something inside the iPod."

I think. "Genius!"

After an hour they gave me a new one at a good prorated price.

I left thinking that I guess I am a Genius too because I tried everything he did and I didn't know how t solve it either.

No comments: