Friday, December 30, 2011

War Horse



I went to see "War Horse" today. Sometimes the Hype for too long and too much can cause too high expectations. Today, as the movie started, that thought bounced around my head. The movie is very old fashioned at the start, but over the 2 and one half hours I came to the realization that this is a pretty darn good story. I will not say it is the year's best, but it is on the same par with Spielberg's other 2011 movies: "Super 8" and "TinTin".

No one depicts war like Spielberg. He makes it raw and real. I ran an interview with him and he says that there is only 9-1/2 minutes of war scenes in the movie.

In this movie the Horse is the star, and the story spans the length of World War I. It shows the war from the British side, the German side, and the side of those caught in the middle. It is a story of the human spirit told through the eyes of a beautiful horse. I movie suitable for the family.

I give it **** stars. 2011 Movie #60.

No comments: