Friday, December 2, 2011

Muppet Movie & Bad Decisions


OK, Its been over a week since I've been to the movies. I needed one but had seen all the good movies in our town. Today, I read an article in the state's largest newspaper where the movie critic stated that the new "Muppet Movie" may be one of the year's 10 best! I also looked on "Rotten Tomato's" (one of the few critics I trust). They gave this movie a 98% out 100. And stated that movie goers surveyed gave it a 94%. So we went and got some great popcorn, our diet cokes, and chocolate covered peanuts, but we forgot one item: Kids!

I really liked the Muppets TV show. It had a mix of slap stick and adult humor that all could enjoy. I even like the Muppet Movie years ago that had Peewee Herman.

This new version started like a bad version of Glee and went south from there. Should have brought kids to keep me awake. Popcorn was gone, peanuts gone, and NO reason to stay.

ouch! FYI: Pixar actually has a Toy Story cartoon before the movie AND better than the movie!

SO I give this * star. No one under 10 should be admitted. FYI: There were 8 people in the theater at the 7:00pm show and three were kids. When we left after 30 minutes, there were 4 left. One couple left before us.

2011 Movie #53

No comments: