Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections of 2011

2011 brought out all possible emotions. On the bad side I went to the depths of fear, bitterness, and defeat as I dealt with the loss of my business, my staff and my control. I entered 2011 in fear because my path was clear but hard. I let many people down and had no remedy. We live in a world where everyone wants security and I could not guarantee an easy path for anyone.

In the beginning it was hard going to work at a place filled with furniture and equipment that I bought but no longer owned, and I was still working with the same clients though I could no longer make decisions concerning their projects. It is working.



But you know what: I made it. Through the biggest snow storm, the worst summer in history, and my first earthquake!

On the good side of my emotions were relief, peace and love. I have a very loving family that makes anything worth while. My grandkids couldn't be more perfect, if I could have designed them myself. They are the definition of joy. My kids, Lindsey and Nate, make me so proud. They are great parents, accomplished in their professions, and have proved that they can excel.
Carol is the best soul mate a person could dream of. She kept me together and has been my rock in the storm and in the good times too. Last but in no way least, My LORD has led me through this valley and back up the hill.

2012 has to be better. I started 2011 ending my business and ended the year losing my oldest brother, Bob, to cancer. In the process of his loss, I came to realize that I may have lost my other brother too. Time will tell. I am so, so glad that in the last two years, I was able to form a strong bond of love with Bob. I will always remember his joy of finally getting to a NASCAR race.

In other fronts I was happy to be involved in the creation of the Children's Music Exhibit at the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame. Another events that thrilled me was Advent at our church and getting to share a my study of the servant, David with my church family.

Great projects this year that finished were: Morris Elementary School, Reynolds Community Center in Poteau, Kiefer Event Center, Kiefer Early Childhood Center, and Oklahoma Union Gym.

2012 projects to look forward to are: NSU Leoser Dorm remodel, Texhoma Schools and Cameron Softball park.

It is time for my annual best list:

Best Concerts: Brad Paisley with Leroy Niemann and Blake Shelton at Pizz Hut Park in Frisco. Though it was Hot! Damn Hot!; Vince Gill, Zac Brown Band and of course Paul Thorn!
Best Live Performances: Christen Chenowith at the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame Induction and Drumline in Fayetteville.
Best Books: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein,Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson.
Best Trip: To see the Oklahoma Panhandle and Western Oklahoma!
Best Architecture not by me: Fort Worth Science Center and Children's Museum
Best Movies: The Descendants, The Company Men and Midnight in Paris.
Best Event: Advent at Muskogee Church of Christ
Best New Favorite Restaurant: Salvastino's Pizzeria in Bixby, Oklahoma
Best Sporting Events: the OSU/OU Football game and Avery's ball games.

In 2012 I believe that my AMBITION is returning with a vengeance. It is my intention that 2012 be a BIG YEAR!

No comments: