Friday, December 30, 2011

Mike's 12 Favorite Movies of 2011




As I have stated many times, My list has nothing to do with the academy awards these are the best movies that I have seen. Not all the big movies have come to "our neck of the woods". So their are a couple of movies that may be considered 2010 movies, but we didn't get them until January. This year I went to 60 movies (61 when I go tomorrow). The movies in this list are movies that I rated 4 stars or 5 stars. I have tried to list them in best first, but like most things some that I saw early in the year are faded in my Memory.

1. The Descendants (*****)
2. The Company Men (*****)
3. Midnight in Paris (*****)
4. Drive (****)
5. Another Earth (****)
6. War Horse (****)
7. My Week with Marilyn (****)
8. Adjustment Bureau (****)
9. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (****)
10. Super 8 (****)
11. The Help (****)
12. Moneyball (****)

There were several that got 3-1/2 stars and barely missed the cut:

13. Mission Impossible 4 & Fair Game (Tie)
14. Bridesmaids
15. Ides of March
16. The Big Year
17. Tin Tin
18. Source Code
19. Captain America
20. J. Edgar
21. Rango


Last year I saw 62 movies, this year about 61 (Half were very good and the other half would have been good rentals.

Probably the most disappointing movies for me were

61. Muppets 2
60. Hangover 2
59. Sherlock Holmes 2
58. Sanctum
57. Hall Pass

There are good movies coming but that's 2012. I goal this year is to only see 52 movies. I shall start considering RED BOX, but it will be difficult.

No comments: