Sunday, June 5, 2011

Soundtrack's of life



Today is my birthday! It is an age that I've thought about since college since it was at that time when the Beatles produced "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" (One of the best albums ever!). On that disk was the song "When I'm Sixty Four". Of course, in 1967 I was just 20! 64 seemed for ever away. It must have been for them as well because one verse says,

"If I'm out to a quarter to three, would you lock the door?
Will you still need me? Will you still feed me?
When I'm Sixty-four."

Who at 64 stays out until 2:45am, on purpose?

Well I welcome this song because the Beatles have always been the soundtrack of my youth and when I want to think young!

They also recorded the best birthday song ever on the "White Album":

"They say its your birthday. Happy Birthday to you!"

No comments: