Friday, June 10, 2011

Mike gets Kung Fu'ed at the movies


I took Avery and Addison to an afternoon matinee to see Kung Fu Panda 2. Tickets for 2 kids and a "senior" was $24.o0 with the 3-d glasses. At the beginning of the year we bought one of those popcorn buckets that we can bring back to each movie and get a refill for $2.50. It helps when you remember to bring it!
I got a large popcorn, one large Diet Coke, two 6 oz Sprites ($4.20 each) and three candies. The Tab was $29.00. Total price for animated fun was $53.00. The theater was also animated: a guy setting a few rows back got to snoring so loud, I could hear him over the movie track.

The movie? The boys liked it. Although Avery said once that their was a lot of action and that he may have nightmares!

I thought it was just OK. I am not a Jack Black fan! And it is embarrassing to hear Dustin Hoffman voice a Kung Fu mouse.
It was interesting that the story dealt with adoption though. Well- that - and defending China from being overthrown by an evil Peacock!

I give it ** stars. 2011 movie #27

PS The final scene hinted at the story for Kung Fu Panda 3, but sad to say I'm busy that day.

Editorial: The whole idea of 3D glasses for $4.00 is the biggest deception in entertainment.
They ask you to be "green" and recycle after the movie. They WILL NOT let you use them at the next movie. Why not set a 3D movie price and then let you bring your own glasses or buy theirs. I don't mind them making money, but this is not about being environmentally correct. So I say: I like 2D just fine!

No comments: