Friday, June 17, 2011

Midnight in Paris



To end the work week I needed a good movie. I'll probably see "Green Lantern", but I wanted a VERY good movie. No, I don't mean Jim Carey and animals. So I tried the new Woody Allen Film, "Midnight in Paris". Yeah, I know what you are thinking, "Woody Allen? Not Woody Allen!" I've seen good Woody and bad Woody and I can say that for me, This is one of his best.

The movie stars Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Kathy Bates and many more. It is the story of an engaged couple who go to Paris with her parents. On the trip they meet an overbearing couple (her friends) from the states who dominate the trip. The Owen Wilson character (a struggling novelist) slips away for a night walk on the streets of Paris and ends up the the 1930's! He meets such F. Scott Fitzgerald, Picasso, Hemingway, Gertrud Stern, and others. As the story progresses he goes back and forth from the present to the past. It is good comedy, but even better dialogue. Yes, it is a thinking person's movie. It is PG13, but no cursing, no sex, no violence, no chases, just great story, great acting and great settings.

I don't want to say much more except that I give it ***** stars. FIVE out of Five.

2011 Movie 29

No comments: