Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yeah, there's an app for that!


So my grandson is playing T-ball this afternoon in Jenks, America. His team, the Chiefs, pla at 5:30pm and I can't make it. So-o-o-o-o-o now I can just hit my "GC Live" app and there right with teams like the Yankees, etc is the Berryhill Chiefs! I hit box score and see that Avery is 2 for 2 on hits and 2 rbi's. Unfortunately it also shows that they lost to the best team in our part of the state.

This reminds me of an article in yesterday's USA Today. A study of USA workers shows that 50% waste an hour a day on interruptions. Of that group 60% come from e-mails and electronic devices.

AND it also says that

only 68% of people turn their cell phones off at the movies.

66% will tune out meetings to read e-mails, tweet, and text.

50% leaves their phones on while they sleep.

My little league baseball app seems like one of the more noble uses of my electronic device.


No comments: