Friday, May 20, 2011

Pirates of the Who Cares-a-bean


When the third "Pirates of the Caribbean" came out, it was true to my theory of threes. When the third movie sequel is released it will probably be bad. It was. I had no intention of seeing the 4th, but all the stories stated that with a new director, the series has been renewed and is original and fun. Tonight, I said, "what the heck," it may be fun. I enjoyed the first twenty minutes (we still had popcorn). Then a little later I nodded off. Then I revived and watched a bunch of ugly actors (except Penelope Cruz) fight, drink, say stupid things, and search for the "fountain of youth". The movie couldn't decide whether it was an Indiana Jones movie, a Lord of the Rings story or a comedy. So they mixed it all up and out came this flick. If you are an intense fan of Johnny Depp, OK. If you need a good Net Flix, OK. If you are looking for a good comedy, I would just say "Always a Bridesmaid never a Pirate."

Sorry, it was not what I needed. I give it ** stars.

2011 movie #24

No comments: