Thursday, March 31, 2011

PAUL, not the Apostle!




I "NEEDED" a movie tonight and was not too picky. My criteria was: It must be funny. It must be escapist. AND It must not be too crude. The movie is "Paul". My modest description of it is as follows: Take "E.T." mix in a little "Hangover" and add a touch of "Men in Black" and a profanity idea from "The King's Speech" and you have "Paul" Paul is an adult E.T. who has picked up bad habits in his stay on Earth. He is on the lam, trying to get to the place where he can be picked up by his space ship. He meets two nerds from the UK who are in the States for "Comicon". The cast has SNL players, and cameos from several veteran actors. The movie is great fun. Paul is voiced by Seth Rogan. Its "R" rating is for profanity (quite a lot of F bombs). They are at least spaced out as is the movie.

I would not be comfortable taking anyone under 20. But it is a great "send up" of E.T.

I give it ***stars.

2011 movie #15

No comments: