Saturday, March 5, 2011

Free Will or Fate or Predestination?





A Someone named Hai Lee Luyah once said, "Man was predestined to have free will."

Okay, Let's be honest. Haven't there been times in your life when you asked, "Are things happening to me because of my decisions or is someone pulling the strings?" We talk about having free will to lead our lives, but we pray, "God, if it be Your will....". We work hard and believe that good life decisions will bring good results, but when it doesn't we say things like, "It just wasn't in the cards." No matter your faith you are challenged from time to time to figure your part in the Big Picture.

I went to see "The Adjustment Bureau" today starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt and a large cast of guys who wear hats. it asks the question, "Do we control our destiny, or are we manipulated by unseen forces?" If you have seen the previews, you probably wondered is this any good or is it too far fetched? If you read the reviews that say it is "Inception Lite", you will miss out.

As a Christian I believe in the idea of "Free Moral Agent". I also believe in the Devil and Guardian Angels. I also believe that God can change anything he chooses to change. Right now and right here! So 20 minutes into this movie I was feasting on many thoughts coming at me and my popcorn. It was a great movie for this exact time in my life.

Question: Did I choose this movie or was it chosen for me?

It was a very good story. It is designed to hit you at what ever level of spirituality that you happen to linger. The idea of Guys in hats that guide life's direction is weird. Right! What if you call them angels? What if they are demons? There are a few things to consider here.

Question: Do you believe that love conquers all? Oh!

This is a spiritual story. This is a love story. This is a life lesson. This a good movie

Question: Do you trust me? I am wearing a hat.

I give it ****stars.

2011 movie #11

FYI: I found this story very uplifting and I will think about it a lot. Expect another post or two.

Isaac Singer once said, "We have to believe in free will. We've got no choice."

No comments: