Wednesday, March 2, 2011

F Bombs


When Melissa Leo won the Academy Award for Supporting Actress (I switch to the USA Today account): "Mine?" said a shocked Leo, who added an epithet that had to be bleeped from the broadcast. "For me? I'm shaking in my boots here."
Then Christian Bale wins and says: "What the hell am I doing here next to you? I'm not going to drop the F-bomb like (Leo) did. I've done that plenty before."

The crowd loved it!

Recently on the Grammy awards Cee Lo Green sung his hit F--- YOU (Sung thay night as Forget YOU)

The crowd loved it!

At the beginning of American Idol, Ryan brings a little sign out and gives it to Steven Tyler. It is a copy of the "American Idol" symbol that the censors super-impose over their mouths when they cuss. So they say the F word several times in sentences so they can use the sign.

The crowd loved it!

The only people that can't get away with the F-word is politicians and maybe preachers!

The coveted PG13 rating that produces the highest attendance is reached by taking a PG movie and adding one and only one "F-word"!

I have seen several movies where the F-word is used as noun, verb, adverb, and adjective in the same sentence.

When I was a youngster, the bad words were Sh*t, B*tch, B*stard and so on. You could get arrested for saying them in Public. Now you use the F-word to be considered current.

The society of the F word is alive and well. I remain amazed when I witness people who feel the need to drop the F-bomb so that they can be recognized as relevant, current, earthy people.
There are times when I can overlook profanity like in severe stress, but short of that: What is the point? You will not convince me that you are tough, relevant or powerful because you can curse. That is playground stuff.

More than one media person commented that the F-bomb dropped at the awards by Melissa Leo was planned and not a slip of the tongue.

Maybe when all society embraces the F-word, it will become passe and go away.

I still see it as a severe lack of respect for all in range of the speech.

"We can learn much from wise words, little from wisecracks, and less from wise guys."
William Arthur Ward

"Do you know what a pessimist is?" "A man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself and hates them for it." George Bernard Shaw


No comments: